Sparkway is looking to hire interns in Data Science for Summer 2017!
We are seeking a Data Science Intern who has excellent written and oral communication skills, is creative, positive, self-motivated, and willing to jump in and learn through experience. To perform well in this internship you need to understand machine learning techniques like classification and regression, and how to evaluate various models, demonstrate strong understanding of R and/or Python, and git, and be comfortable writing SQL and stored procedures. You should also know your way around the shell and Linux and be a great problem solver.
The best candidates will have a burning desire to add to his/her toolkit and be resourceful and results-oriented. They will have familiarity with a variety of web technologies, especially Angular, experience with D3.js or similar visualization tools, and experience with AWS and/or Bluemix.
The intern should be a self-starter who can work in a dynamic environment, independently and as part of a larger team. The intern will be challenged to think of creative solutions to database and website issues and will need to effectively communicate possible solutions with the internal team. If you’re collaborative, hardworking, and have a sense of humor, you’re on your way to being a great fit to join our team.
This is an unpaid internship for a minimum 15-20 hours per week at our office in Princeton.
• Working knowledge of machine learning techniques, especially classification and regression
• Working knowledge of Git, R and/or Python, and familiarity with relational and/or non-relational databases, like MySQL, DashDB and MongoDB
• Working knowledge of UI/UX principles is a plus
• Self-starter with effective written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to learn new skills fast, stay on task and work within tight timeframes
• Utilize machine learning techniques to build data models and execute analyses
• Formulate and present possible solutions for website and database challenges
• Participate in internal and user testing as needed
Please send resume, cover letter and work sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Data Science Internship’.
Sparkway creates data-driven software solutions, especially for the media and advertising industries. We provide business stakeholders with real-time business intelligence to create market differentiators and monetize their assets. Our elite team merges business goals with technology solutions in a way that is simple to understand and manage for our clients.